Inaugural train for new Ambrogio terminal
Ambrogio Intermodal has seen its first train from a newly-developed
Domegliara (Verona) terminal depart.
With an official opening still to come, the new terminal already operates three
weekly round trips to Neuss in Germany.
PSP Cargo Group starts Hungarian operations
PSP Cargo Group announced this week that it is launching its operation
in Hungary. This CEE company promises better cooperation, coordination, and
communication on transport between Romania and Hungary.
London – Cologne link using pocket wagons starts
Today (12 June 2023), a new intermodal service linking London (Barking) DB Cargo UK terminal and CTS Container-Terminal in Cologne, Germany, starts with one round trip per week. It is intended for trailers, containers and swap bodies, also using T3000 pocket wagons and the Nikrasa technology for non-cranable semitrailers. With DB Cargo UK and TX Logistik cooperation, further connections to Italy, Romania, Austria, and other countries will be available.
LTE launched Antwerp – Linz shuttle
Austrian LTE starts a new connection between the Belgian port of Antwerp and the north-Austrian city of Linz. One weekly roundtrip is already operating since the beginning of June.
New trains and locomotive news from the operators:
- Inter Cargo Sp. z o.o., a subsidiary of Budamar, added two SM 42 locomotives to its fleet in Poland.
Portren SA in Uruguay received five out of seven Stadler EURO4001 locomotives
- CAF hydrogen demonstration train started tests in Spain.
- RTB Cargo has issued a teaser of its Stadler EURO9000 locomotive already getting corporate livery.
Nordic Re-Finance AB is equipping its 12 TRAXX locomotives with an ETCS BL3. This week, the first TRAXX AC2 locomotives with this equipment rolled out of a workshop in Falköping.
- CargoNet is leasing six newly-delivered Alstom TRAXX AC3 from Railpool. They are equipped with ETCS BL 3.4 and last-mile shunting module.
- Beacon Rail has handed over 7th modernised M62M locomotive, "Edgar", which has a designation 207E, to RailPolska. Two more of these 120-tonne locomotives will be delivered in 2023, with the final 10th locomotive to be handed over in Q1 2024.
- Rheinische Bahnpersonal- und Verkehrsgesellschaft mbH (RBP) has leased a Siemens Vectron Dual Mode locomotive from Northrail for a period of two years.