Operating performance per year
Trains per year
CO2 saved every year
Roots in Vienna, at home throughout Europe. WLC is an internationally active rail freight service operator which organises transportation throughout Europe either as block trains or conventional rail traffic. Our far-reaching international network enables us to offer tailor-made logistics services from the North Sea to the Black Sea and from the Baltic Sea to the Mediterranean Sea. True to our motto, Excellence in Transport, we are under way on Europe’s rail networks providing our clients with outstanding service quality. Flexibility and customer proximity are among our greatest strengths.
Although founded in 2007, our DNA dates back to the 19th Century when bricks were transported on the infrastructure of what is now the Badner Bahn tracks heading south from Vienna. We are today among the leading and most innovative rail freight service operators in Austria.
Around 75% of our core business is made up of combined freight transport. The remaining 25% consists of wagonload freight services in which many different products, such as cars, chemicals, mineral oil products, cereals, coal, etc., are transported.
- Inter-modal logistics
Our rail services:
- First / last mile
- Technical inspections
As a rail freight service operator, we are among the most environmentally friendly transport providers and therefore make an important contribution to protecting our environment and conserving our resources. Our services annually transport over 2.5 billion tonne kilometres and save nearly 160,000 tonnes of CO2 compared to conventional road transport.